SGA champions the development of mind and spirit through dynamic engagement. Our long standing ArtHug initiative provides creative encounters for enabling and thoughtful personal development.
Through art-inspired modules, children are introduced to exciting perspectives on art practises and contemporary art movements. They participate in discussions on the relevance of creativity for individual and community. Art Hug allows exploration of environment, community, and person, colourfully and verbally, nurturing empowerment and confidence. Past sessions have been led by renowned personalities including: curators Michiko Kasaharo and Kelly Gellatly, architect Gregory Burgess, and artists Isa Ho, Ru Yi Tann, and Chin Kon Yit.
- ArtHug with EER Delfina and Perrine—Wind Organs and Masks, June 2018
- ArtHug with PavilionNOW—Shadow Garden, 2016
- ArtHug with Ru Yi Tan—The Stars Look So Different, 2016
- ArtHug with GREEN TO GO Design Team, Taylor’s University, 2013
- ArtHug with Curator, KELLY GELLATLY, National Gallery of Victoria—Curating Contemporary, 2013
- ArtHug with Ar. GREGORY BURGESS—Participatory Design—December 7, 2012
- ArtHug with Artist, CHIN KON YIT—How We Live, 2012
- ArtHug with Curator, MICHIKO KASAHARA—Through the Lens, 2012